Wednesday, October 29, 2014

Maximizing Potential





 You can find John Maxwell's new book "Good Leaders Ask Great Questions" at
https://www.johnmaxwell.com/store/products/Good-Leaders-Ask-Great-Questions.html
 
This is part 2 of some great notes shared with me from Lindsay Scarlatelli at the University of Miami Ohio from "An Evening with John Maxwell" event she was able to attend.

Over the past few months I have really been trying to dive into my own personal purpose and Why.
On this quest I have loved learning so many new things.  I finally got to a point where I had to stop for a few days and really study the topics and figure out how to implement them into my daily life and routines.  That is why when he talks about having a plan for growth and being intentional really stuck out to me. So with that being said, what is your plan for growth this year?

I am going to continue to spend the time in my car listening to audio books and podcasts to continue my growth.  If you have some great recommendations please let me know.  I will be sharing with you over the next few weeks some really inspiring and motivating ideas I have come across.

I love it when coaches are willing to share.  I have gained a lot of valuable insight just from sharing book notes and speaker notes with Lindsay over the past 6 months.  My reading pile is high with great stuff.  My goal is to find more time to read on the road this year.  Of course, after all my film is watched!

How to grow to your maximum potential.

"Most people accept their life, few people weed their life."

To be successful, you need to know who you are what your purpose in life is.
Once you understand it, you need to be committed to growing in that area.

Have a plan for growth. You don't grow automatically, you don't automatically get better. 
Don't assume as we get older,  we get better.

You have to be intentional with your growth.

It's not what you say, it's what you ask.

Questions unlock the door to every opportunity that you want in life.

The better questions you ask, the better the answers you get.

The better questions you ask,  the better direction you have and the more success you have.

No comments:

Post a Comment